Tuesday 17 June 2014

Evaluation

On the 12th June we performed the play 'Look Back in Anger' this is a completely different style of acting than we've done before in the other plays for example this play and 'the Wolves of Willoughby Chase' are two completely different styles. 'Look Back in Anger' is performed as a naturalistic piece, this means the actor performs the piece as if it were real, to do this the actor can use techniques like emotion memory. 'The Wolves of Willoughby Chase' however is performed in a very over the top way,  these 2 styles are obviously very different, I believe that it is useful to teach students as many styles of acting as possible so it was very useful for us to perform these completely different styles of drama.

I believe that all of the performances went well, everyone remembered most of their lines, the few that did  forget their lines covered it up really well, for example in my performance Beth missed a word from the start of her line so she just made the line longer and added the bit that she missed at the end. All costume was perfect, everyone looked the part.

I believe I achieved the required emotion, I do feel that there was room for improvement, but for the bulk of the performance I believe I achieved the desired effect, I think this because for the whole performance I stayed in character and didn't acknowledge anything that wasn't supposed to be in the scene, an effective way to do this is to put an imaginary bubble around the scene and anything outside that bubble doesn't exist. Overall I am pleased with my performance although there were bits in it that I could've made better, for example there were bits of the delivery that I could've slowed down to make it more emotionally effective. When I performed the last paragraph I feel like I could have put more emotion into it to make it better, it was already pretty emotional but I feel like I could've put more in.

I believe that I achieved the required the impact on the audience, the idea was for the audience to believe the performance, that it could be real. To achieve this I had to put myself into the character of Jimmy Porter, this was pretty difficult because I don't have much in common with the character, this meant I had to work hard to become the character.

I think I conveyed the themes of the play really well, I think this because I took into account all of the themes and used them to try to understand my character, for example, Jimmy obviously isn't happy with the way the government is working at the time. This could possibly be because of the 'Angry Young Man Movement'. I used my emotion to convey the themes for example Jimmy kind of breaks down near the end, I think this is because of the idea that he was forced to grow up to quickly.

3 comments:

  1. You will need to start evaluating in a little more detail. When you say something like "all costume was perfect" you miss an opportunity to discuss costume in detail. Do you really think it was perfect? Was your costume correct to the period the play is set?
    You cover your own performance a little better, but there is still room for more detail when it comes to evaluation. Try to avoid general statements.
    You have made an attempt to link your scene to the themes, but the link you make is a little tenuous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though men may seem to be more physical in anger, one thing that is often disregarded is the fact that women tend to cause very damaging effects once they explode in anger.women tend to be leaning more on the rational or more emotional aspects in dealing with anger.anger evaluation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since being angry does not really feel good and behavior motivated by anger can create more suffering that it diminishes, effective anger management techniques are important. The ones listed here are effective against any intensity of anger from mild annoyance to rage.[www.aacsatlanta.com] please visitanger evaluation

    ReplyDelete